We regularly get asked questions about Ar Turas and the services we offer. This page collects together some of the more common questions for you. If you don't find the answer to your question here, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I place an order with Ar Turas?
- Simply follow the link to Services and decide which type of service you require. Once you have decided email email@example.com with details of your project.
How much does it cost to trace my ancestry?
- The prices for the different types of research are all clearly laid out on our Prices & Ordering page. Prices range fro £175 for an Ar Turas Sapling Search to £545 for an Ar Turas Forest Search. The choice is yours.
What do you need from me?
- All that we need to start your search is details of a birth, marriage or death in Scotland. This could be a s simple as your own birth. However, it helps us and reduces the time needed if you can send all the relevant information you have.
How long will it take you to do the work?
- This depends on the type of search you require. Typically a project takes between 4 and 10 weeks depending on the complexity of the search.
What will I get for my money?
- The finished product varies depending on the type of search you require. However, unlike some companies, you get everything we find with nothing held back and no extra charges. As a minimum you will get a report giving accurate transcripts of all birth, marriage and death certificates viewed during the search. You do not pay extra for the full details of the certificates. The more extensive the search, the more you receive. Please see our Prices & Ordering page for details of available formats.
How do I pay?
- Our preferred payment method is direct bank transfer. This is very easy to set up if you have online banking. We'll email you an invoice with our bank details.
If you wish to pay by card we'll send you a PayPal invoice and link. You don't need a PayPal account to pay by this method.
- You can pay by cheque made payable to Rosaline Furnivall (unfortunately due to transaction costs we have to charge a supplement for cheques in currencies other than Sterling. This is currently set at: Canadian Dollars - $15, USA Dollars - $10, Australian Dollars - $20, others on request.
What does Ar Turas mean?
- Ar Turas is from the Gaelic for Our Journey.
Can I order certificates?
- Yes you can, normally we take all the information from a certificate or record entry and present that as a transcript. However, if you wish to have copies of the original certificates we can order these at the time of the research.
- A formal extract copy of the records will cost £12 per copy in addition to the search charges. Black and white A4 prints of a record entry can be ordered at the time of the research for £1 per copy in addition to the search charges.